I’m nearly done with my building! I didn’t really have any problems this week. Just a steady course through the project.
My base was pretty much completed last week, so this week I was focused on adding the extra structures that were connected to my building. The first on I focused on was the mini “princess tower” connected to the corner of the building. Using a simple cylinder, I sized it up and extruded it’s vertices so the top could point up. It was pretty simple to get the basic shape for it.
Once my basic shape was done, I studied my reference image and set about adding some structural details to the tower. I extruded the edges of the cylinder, where the vertices were extruded upwards, and extruded the edge outwards so I could add more depth to the top of the tower. Then I selected the highest vertex and basically scaled it so it would have the cylindrical point at the very top just like in the reference image.
I was happy with how the tower turned out. I think it’s very similar to how the reference tower looks. After I finished with the mini tower, I turned my attention to modeling the gate with the brick tower connected to the very side of my building.
This building was even easier to model. I simply got a square polygon, sized it up, and extruded the top to make a point. It was very simple to make. For the gate, I nearly finished it, but the blog post for this week is due so I can’t show it finished yet. But I’m probably going to finish it before I return to my hometown for Thanksgiving break.
Once I come back from break, I should be all but finished with modeling. My goal for the next blog post is to finally do some UV’s!